QUESTION about SENEYE water monitoring system...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
There are those for it and those who believe the seneye doesnt do enough in the way of readings , another problem I used to work for KKU as supermoderator it was a website that sold sorftware that was in many peoples eye a good bit of kit , I still have it infact but it now is useless apart from making notes with , it has no back up .
I and others dont wish to get caught out with them going under leaving you again something which is quite frankly useless , our local aquatic outlet covering all three displines stocked it but dropped it through a lack of sales , that doesnt bode well does it .
We'll see if the can get it to cover all water perameters pond wise which they have had ample chance to do but for some reason havent , if its going to do the job it has to do it well .
There was talk that seneye had a rival but they got their sensors out first as to what happened to the other company I dont know ?
I honestly hand on heart say lets wait and see what happens lots of sales should equate in it being made cheaper for us lesser mortals again it hasnt, its gone up in price for both the kit and the monthly sensors .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think initially I would be very interested in a constant-read sensing device.
I am interested in the daily fluctuations and the effect that our interactions have on water quality. (water changes, cleaning activities, feeding, addition of new inhabitants plus day/night changes, what difference circulation makes...ect.)

But I think my interest would would probably peter out after 1 year or so and I would go back to what I do now, which is to watch the health of the fish and plants and make determinations from there.

I hardly use liquid test kits any more. If anything, I use the test kits to confirm what I already suspect if something doesn't look right.
Having said that, I think I would still buy a sensing unit because I think it would help give me a better understanding of the fluctuations that our ponds or aquariums go through. After the first year I may just sell it though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I think initially I would be very interested in a constant-read sensing device.
I am interested in the daily fluctuations and the effect that our interactions have on water quality. (water changes, cleaning activities, feeding, addition of new inhabitants plus day/night changes, what difference circulation makes...ect.)

But I think my interest would would probably peter out after 1 year or so and I would go back to what I do now, which is to watch the health of the fish and plants and make determinations from there.

I hardly use liquid test kits any more. If anything, I use the test kits to confirm what I already suspect if something doesn't look right.
Having said that, I think I would still buy a sensing unit because I think it would help give me a better understanding of the fluctuations that our ponds or aquariums go through. After the first year I may just sell it though.
that's me too.. I use test strips ocassionally. if I find something that suggests a double check ..liquid test is warranted.
As well as your eyes try using your sense of smell which also comes into this, if the water is good it doesnt smell but I still test to back up my nose API are very good kits wouldnt use a test strip though.
So for us the seneye is out till they either make it cheaper and cover all perameters or something better comes out , rumour has it in the fish world that they stole a march on another company we'll see

Dave

Ask a Question