Question about upgrade notification on android

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Is this a scam?

I've been getting notifications to upgrade android on my Galaxy phone. I'm a little suspicious so I'm reluctant to upgrade.

If I remember correctly, it states version 1.3.3.

I did click on it a couple times and one mentioned upgrading the keyboard.

Has anyone gotten these notifications and upgraded without incident?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hate upgrades everytime i get one it deletes my settings in some way or another. very few are security upgrades more hey hey we have a new widget library and we are changing the colors and format to your text so maybe you'll like it more ……...BS …….. I refuse updates until the pc or phone shut down because I didn't do the update then you have no choice but at least you know theres no hijacking

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have Apple (iPad and iPhone), and get upgrade notifications all the time. Well, not all the time, but yes. I hate upgrades, as well! In fact, sometimes I will not allow an upgrade for a period of time. My Hubby has Android devices, and I never hear him complain about his upgrades. Maybe he doesn’t get as many, IDK. With Apple, I have experiences similar to @GBBUDD.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is this a scam?

I've been getting notifications to upgrade android on my Galaxy phone. I'm a little suspicious so I'm reluctant to upgrade.

If I remember correctly, it states version 1.3.3.

I did click on it a couple times and one mentioned upgrading the keyboard.

Has anyone gotten these notifications and upgraded without incident?
I got a update on 3/13 no issues, mine is android 11 I get a notification that a update is ready to install, the notice always looks the same, so far never have had a issue. I do have malwarebytes on the phone to help protect it.

Some are security patches.

I have hubby trained to never click on any link that comes into his phone, messages, emails, fb. He does nothing without asking me about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I think this update has something to do with the keyboard.
I'm not sure if it's legit.
I get it every day now.
I'm hesitant, so I just clear the notification.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Call your phones tech support. So, whoever makes galaxy phones. There’s bound to be some kind of help desk.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine is a samsung note 20 ultra 5g, upgraded recently. None of the upgrades have harmed it. Hubby has a samsung a71 5g upgrades have not bothered him either.

We had to turn off the 5g, our phones will not work here at our house. There are 5 g towers, but very spotty service at the house, therefore the phone would lose the network randomly. So we are on 4g and lower, if we go to a 5g heavy area we just turn 5 g back on.
If we walk down the drive, 150 feet or so from the house we have 5 bars of 5g..............go figure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have hubby trained to never click on any link that comes into his phone, messages, emails, fb. He does nothing without asking me about it.

Do you hire out? Mine still clicks and then tells me about it later. But he can't quite remember exactly what it said... :eek:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you hire out? Mine still clicks and then tells me about it later. But he can't quite remember exactly what it said... :eek:
roflmao I have basically told him you click on the wrong thing, we can get wiped out. He gets a ton more spam, send moneys, click here to fix the card the bank etc. then I do. But he is on FB, internet, way more than I am. He is not allowed to click any link sent in email, text, etc until cleared by me. And he actually listens! Shows them to me and I say NO! delete! or ignore

We keep my phone clean, never give out the number, I don't use for FB which I seldom enter.

Now he did get some gal texting him via FB she looks fake picture wise. He showed me the text (I never worry about cheating ever) and in the long run she asked for some sort of digital gift card. After she tried to get him to BF her on FB chat, when he said no next thing you know I get a friend request from her. Think she wants to tell me he is cheating............

The internet is a crack up. I get a lot of the emails saying someone hacked your email, your bank, your cc, you got money if you send money, they all go to spam, I religiously mark it as spam as it comes in. So my email is actually pretty clean.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I put the fear of going broke in him, you click, they can empty our bank account, take control of our CC's etc. And wipe our our hard drives, destroy your phone etc etc etc

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I'm still getting two notifications for android update every morning.

One is trying to get me to install some new keyboard with larger fonts.
The other shows multiple BS apps to install.

I went into settings/notifications and turned off android update notifications.

I always manually update all my apps. Yesterday I went to google play/my apps to check for any updates. Nothing looked related to those notifications I am getting, so something must be fishy. Ha! "fishy"! I guess I had to add something pond related!

Ask a Question