Question re: Tapping into 2" pvc line for fountain ...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
But do you know how close to toxic levels you do have in your pond?

No do you? and if so, how are you testing! I will know shortly though once I get to test it with a more advanced kit. I'm very curious! I will test my pol and get a basic reading as that water comes from the same place my pond does. Should it be 0, I would be amazed but happy.
I just cut that valve in and have plenty of pressure so a clear plastic liner will work fine ... Pics attached ...
Coming out of winter with no grasses, perennials or flowers makes it it rather grim ...

Attachments

• IMG_5563.JPG
    IMG_5563.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 188
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 197
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Well @addy1 and @Lisak1 .... I attached a pic of the T cut in with a ball valve. That's not weathering. Since the pressure is quite high, I'll use a smaller clear tubing, run it down the koi statue and wala! Need a last end fitting but have to get tubing and see what size I end up with ... Thanks for all the suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 176
  • valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 154

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well @addy1 and @Lisak1 .... I attached a pic of the T cut in with a ball valve. That's not weathering. Since the pressure is quite high, I'll use a smaller clear tubing, run it down the koi statue and wala! Need a last end fitting but have to get tubing and see what size I end up with ... Thanks for all the suggestions!
Nice!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
@addy1 , @Lisak1 .... This is a multi post .... So, it works but with a clear tube inside the 1/2" copper, the flow it so restricted, it looks like someone is taking a pee ... lol
Seriously though it works and I don't have to think about copper again. Pics below! Also @Meyer Jordan .... as an FYI, I also have a pic below of a copper test kit I picked up. The kit has a base test using their solution showing 0.50 copper which proves to me, it works. I tested the pond and can't even get past 0 .... no color, pure white. If theirs any copper, it's infinitesimal but with my peeing koi, I now don't have to think about it, though I'd love to have it going as it was meant to ... Just finished working on it at 9pm... 95lbs, now a light weight ....

Attachments

• IMG_5566.JPG
    IMG_5566.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_5567.JPG
    IMG_5567.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5575.JPG
    IMG_5575.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5579.JPG
    IMG_5579.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 169

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Who manufactures that test kit?
If you are showing 0.00 or close to, the Koi fountain will probably not cause any problem.
I have not be trying to scare anyone but it is extremely important to test your pond water before you add anything that may affect any of the parameters, and not just the common parameters.
Before Salt is added to a pond (which I do not recommend), a salinity test should be conducted as there are many salts that will affect conductivity other than Sodium Chloride.
All pond water has a 'background level' of Heavy Metals, Salinity, Hardness etc. Knowing these 'background levels' can prove to be, at times, very important.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Who manufactures that test kit?
If you are showing 0.00 or close to, the Koi fountain will probably not cause any problem.
I have not be trying to scare anyone but it is extremely important to test your pond water before you add anything that may affect any of the parameters, and not just the common parameters.
Before Salt is added to a pond (which I do not recommend), a salinity test should be conducted as there are many salts that will affect conductivity other than Sodium Chloride.
All pond water has a 'background level' of Heavy Metals, Salinity, Hardness etc. Knowing these 'background levels' can prove to be, at times, very important.

Totally agree! I used to add salt, not anymore. Maybe if I had a nitrite spike I would, but I don't have nitrite spikes. As far as the copper, it is 0. Seachem makes it! It's inexpensive. Oh, tested some pool water just to see if the test kit was any good. I did get a slight reading in the pool and expected it. The kit as I said has a test for 0.50 and that worked. Hard to completely determine the exact color but the pond was pure white. At this point, I'm still hesitant to run it through the copper. With my high pH of 8.4, I'm sure it wouldn't be problematic, but, you did scare me and looking further online, your scare tactics were well documented ...lol

I take it, you didn't like the koi I received as a gift ... hahaha

http://www.amazon.com/Seachem-Multi...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Ask a Question