Raccoon!

Reaction score
yea well those dam cats they eat almost anything i shot it with a airsoft gun ( non lethal)
in the butt a couple times and he got scared away and hasn't been back since

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
pondbuilder13 said:
I cant remember correctly if i ever had a problem with racoons but i had the neighboors cat come over once and take 3 fish, ate all 3 up on a big piece of slate which is now part of my waterfall.

th_raccooneatsfish.gif

pondbuilder13 said:
yea well those dam cats they eat almost anything i shot it with a airsoft gun ( non lethal)
in the butt a couple times and he got scared away and hasn't been back since

Speaking of pussy cats... they are not my targets... but coons are; however my coon-catcher unintentionally trapped a really pretty pussy cat once. Luckily for the cat... it has a cellphone number written on its collar, so I called and return it to it's owner.

calico.jpg

Cat with 9 lives!
NineFaces.gif

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
pondbuilder13 said:
I cant remember correctly if i ever had a problem with racoons but i had the neighboors cat come over once and take 3 fish, ate all 3 up on a big piece of slate which is now part of my waterfall.

th_raccooneatsfish.gif

Why would you stand by and watch 3 fish get eaten without doing anything? Do you have photos or video of this attack?

Reaction score
No i think you misunderstood me i didnt watch this happen i came out and saw him eating the last one and i scared him away but i knew he ate them on the rock because all of the fish scales had melted on the the slate due to high temps

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
So you only saw him eating the fish, not catching them? How can you be sure that a raccoon didn't catch them and the cat was eating the leftovers?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The raccoons come to my pond all of the time. I see their prints on the walk out shallow edge (it goes from inches to feet quickly, but any critter can get out without drowning). But the bulk of the pond is deep enough to protect the fish. They are welcome here, same with squirrels fox, snakes etc.

Reaction score
Well Drdave i didnt know you were a detective but when you walk out and see your WHOLE fish in its mouth and scales sitting right under the cat i knew it was the cat. So do you know something i dont here or............

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
1 cat, 3 fish Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
This must be a very small, very shallow pond with small fish that have no place to hide.
I have never seen this in over 60 years of cat ownership and 43 years of ponds.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Keep in mind that these are just animals trying to survive guys. They are not out to get us as we seem to be them. If we secure our property correctly I think we can all live in peace whether it be herons, raccoons, coyotes, cats, dogs, snakes etc. I enjoy watching the critters come through and hopefully I have secured my pond so that my fish are safe. If you do it correctly it can be made safe
deer178.gif

Ask a Question