Rainy day fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've noticed that my fish get really active & all 'jazzed up' when it rains. Maybe the rain knocks bugs & other things into the pond that they like to eat? Maybe the sound of the rain drops reminds them of the sound of fish food being tossed in? or maybe they just don't like to get wet? (lol) Anyway, I recorded a video of them today (sorry it's a bit wobbly - I was hanging out an upstairs window trying to keep my camera dry)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I've noticed that my fish get really active & all 'jazzed up' when it rains. Maybe the rain knocks bugs & other things into the pond that they like to eat? Maybe the sound of the rain drops reminds them of the sound of fish food being tossed in? or maybe they just don't like to get wet? (lol) Anyway, I recorded a video of them today (sorry it's a bit wobbly - I was hanging out an upstairs window trying to keep my camera dry)
Awesome pond and terrific music. Very nice.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very nice pond and fish. With having so much rain lately, I have been doing a lot of inside pond watching too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@MajorDan - Thanks. @cas - Thank you. We're predicted to have several days in a row here of very rainy weather (3" has fallen since yesterday morning already & it's coming down in buckets again right now) but I can't complain. We've been in a VERY dry spell for over a month now, so my pond & garden have been longing for a good dousing from Mother Nature.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I have had the same experience. In a heavy rainy day, climbing fishes come up onto the ground from the pond and river. People then can easily catch them a bare hand. They even don't need anything or trap for catching those fishes.

Ask a Question