sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Things always take more time than you think and changes are always on the top of the list for ponders .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I have been making progress. I was able to get enough completed to return the fish from the temporary pond to the rebuild. The stream is 90% completed. The lower end of the stream that boarders the attempted bog still needs to be figured out. The waterfall area is 75% finished. The white PVC pipes will be cut back and will be covered with a large stone.
For the pond I'm not thrilled with the top stones that boarder the grass area. I have flatter stone that I will play with this weekend.
Here are some pics for what was accomplished from last week
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1437.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1460.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG

Some fish enjoying their new luxury home.
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You accomplish more in a weekend than I do in a summer. Looks fantastic, and I have really enjoyed all the progress pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
You accomplish more in a weekend than I do in a summer. Looks fantastic, and I have really enjoyed all the progress pics.
One of the benifits of OCD . I hope to complete the majority of the pond this weekend and will add more pics. Thanks for the compliments

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One of the benifits of OCD
one thing I definitely don't have. My gardening / building style would drive you crazy! :););)

I garden like my mom did, if there is a bit of dirt stick in a plant!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think it looks great, Gordo.
I has the potential to be a nice balanced pond in the long run.
Low fish load and strong plant growth.
What are your water circulation numbers like?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I think it looks great, Gordo.
I has the potential to be a nice balanced pond in the long run.
Low fish load and strong plant growth.
What are your water circulation numbers like?
thanks, I wish there was a way to speed up the plant growth but i know from my prior build by the second season I will be thinning out plants .
i have 2 2600 gph Pond Master waterfall pumps. At 5 feet head it shows 2400 gph flow. I have a 35 foot run from pump to waterfall using 1.5" pipe and sweep elbows to minimize restriction. Total water vol approx 3000 g. Hopefully getting close to 1.5x turnover

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I garden like my mom did, if there is a bit of dirt stick in a plant!

Your mom and my dad must have gone to the same school of gardening! I used to ask my dad how he knew where to plant things and he said "well, you put it in the ground. If it grows you know you picked a good spot. If not, put it somewhere else!" His gardens were always beautiful. And he learned to garden from his mother.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine and my moms are "wild" I don't have defined areas for this plant for that plant, in fact a lot of the flowers have seeded and now are popping up here and there. There are very few things I pull.

Mom had a tiny Rockville back yard, there were paths between all the stuff she grew. Including apple, plum, peach trees.

Some of my favorite gardens are where I tilled up the grass and tossed out bee, bird, butterfly friendly seeds. This year dear honey bought me a tiller for my tractor and I tilled up a bunch of grass. With the nice wet spring we have been having, the seedlings are growing great. I can't water they are many hose lengths away from the house.

Everything is sort of waiting for some heat and sun, just about ready to explode in color.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
The last month has been busy with family and work so wasn't able to dedicate as much time to the pond. Here is a short video showing progress as of yesterday. The box with the yellow lid will be a small bog. I have to finish the plumbing for the water to enter the pond. I used the ponddiggers patio pond build as a reference because I could not get the liner to work.

Ask a Question