Rebuilding the pond

Reaction score
The prior pond needed more rocks (and a better liner) but I definitely wanted more rocks (boulders). I've seen some really nice ponds with smaller rocks but I've also seen many ponds with piles of small rocks. I wanted substantial rocks and luckily our little farm has an old quarry site with many fabulous rocks. So I sent the contractor with his backhoe to the farm to gather rocks before he came to build the pond.

Thanks for all the compliments.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:
Just tell him what goes around comes around and he will gladly get more rocks for you.:bowdown:

ROFLMAO...............yep that works!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:
Just tell him what goes around comes around and he will gladly get more rocks for you.:bowdown:

ROFLMAO...............yep that works!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
anubias said:
The prior pond needed more rocks (and a better liner) but I definitely wanted more rocks (boulders). I've seen some really nice ponds with smaller rocks but I've also seen many ponds with piles of small rocks. I wanted substantial rocks and luckily our little farm has an old quarry site with many fabulous rocks. So I sent the contractor with his backhoe to the farm to gather rocks before he came to build the pond.

Do you ship to maryland? lol The suckers are expensive to buy!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
anubias said:

Do you ship to maryland? lol The suckers are expensive to buy!

Reaction score
You think rocks are expensive in Maryland, try freight for boulders from the far end of Ky to Md. You might get sticker shock.

I know that rocks are expensive, the local pond shop charges by the pound for boulders, I priced a couple - WOW! I have about $6 to $7K in boulders (if I paid retail); I paid for labor to get my free rocks moved, much cheaper. I've got $1K in gravel.

Reaction score
You think rocks are expensive in Maryland, try freight for boulders from the far end of Ky to Md. You might get sticker shock.

I know that rocks are expensive, the local pond shop charges by the pound for boulders, I priced a couple - WOW! I have about $6 to $7K in boulders (if I paid retail); I paid for labor to get my free rocks moved, much cheaper. I've got $1K in gravel.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have been hauling rocks from a lot we have in Pennsylvania, they call it field stone, about a ton per trip, and of course just whatever size we can pick up. There are some really neat, but huge boulders there.
Fish gave me a bunch of river rock he pulled from his pond, which is beautiful, even prettier than the pictures show it to be.
All my neighbors are giving us any rocks they find and don't want.
Doing the self collection method right now, but might still buy some.
There is a rock place here that sales a ton of boulders for $160.00, when I order the pea gravel might add a pallet or two of the boulders.

Envious of your rocks...............good job again!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have been hauling rocks from a lot we have in Pennsylvania, they call it field stone, about a ton per trip, and of course just whatever size we can pick up. There are some really neat, but huge boulders there.
Fish gave me a bunch of river rock he pulled from his pond, which is beautiful, even prettier than the pictures show it to be.
All my neighbors are giving us any rocks they find and don't want.
Doing the self collection method right now, but might still buy some.
There is a rock place here that sales a ton of boulders for $160.00, when I order the pea gravel might add a pallet or two of the boulders.

Envious of your rocks...............good job again!

Ask a Question