Recent homebuyer with new pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome! That’s beautiful stone work around the pond. I’m working on building my own pond now, and I can only hope to find rock that nice!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Ever had fish before? Beautiful pond! And welcome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@LaurenV
good looking pond, since the water lines are repaired, I'd suggest you test the water so you know what your water quality is at the moment. Fish look happy so probably good, but always good to know your numbers. Get one of those pond water test kits with many bottles and tubes. API makes an affordable kit. Since you mentioned the flooding of the two top ponds, I'd look to divert the water away so as to avoid erosion. They waterfall area looks well done, and I'd hate to see it get damaged further by another storm. Also I'm curious on how the water is getting cleaned, do you have a filter? If not sure, do the pumps just go directly into the two upper ponds? If so, is it possible that the upper ponds are being used as a bog filter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome and that's a beautiful pond you have

Ask a Question