Reclaimed Area?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
This would make a very pretty shade garden @Big Lou . I would incorporate some structural elements to give you interest all year. Perhaps a couple of big boulders and a pretty bird bath. What about a fence along the wall to block the view? Then you could use it as a backdrop for some cool art work - I see so much beautiful stuff in garden centers now designed to be used outside. Metal work, glass work, etc.
Great ideas Lisa! We have a huge garden center specializing in just things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you want quick privacy in semi shade plant a tall clumping bamboo. Make sure you research, some bamboo can be invasive stay away from runner. Clumping is well behaved and grows fast. Some are over 12 feet high.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The Heuchera does not die back in winter. I have it planted all along my back deck garden. It does get tall stems on it that the hummers like to feed from and you have to cut the stems off in the fall as they start looking kind of ratty. Tiny blossoms not hardly worth mentioning but the hummers still love to eat from them.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
The Heuchera does not die back in winter. I have it planted all along my back deck garden. It does get tall stems on it that the hummers like to feed from and you have to cut the stems off in the fall as they start looking kind of ratty. Tiny blossoms not hardly worth mentioning but the hummers still love to eat from them.
Which variety my friend?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Btw, the tree canopies are going to be opened for more filtered sunlight.

New question.
What is your opinion of us returning the reclaimed area to its original grade then go from there with its landscaping?
I guess it kind of depends where it is in relation to your yard and if it's "usable" space. Like would you want to sit there or just see it from the deck. I think that will help you decide what to do with it in the end.

Ask a Question