Recommend shelf plants zone 6 that can grow 6" under water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I started most of my marginals on our 10-12" deep shelves in pots. Eventually they all outgrew their pots so I just cut the pot off and plopped the whole clump on the shelf. The roots had grown around the dirt and gravel that I had filled the pots with, so the whole thing was rather heavy and didn't need anchoring. In several cases, I split the root ball down the middle so I had two half circles of plant mass and set those on the shelf with the flat sides up against the wall and the rounded side toward the pond. The plants then spread out from the root ball, so now it's hard to tell what started where. It's a pond jungle basically.

This method has been patented by me. Please mention my name anytime you copy it. ;)

Nice thinking...

Does anyone have any solution to a margin with a slight slide in it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hmmm... we have one shelf that has a definite slope pond ward. I just used some rocks to create a flatter area. it took some creative rock placement, but imagine the bottom of the rocks matching the slant of the wall, while the top of the rocks create a flat space. The rocks provide a spot to either tuck plants between them or set pots on top.

Ask a Question