Remote Control Pond Switchbox Replacement

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since i last posted, but i need a bit of help again.

When i built my pond 7 years ago now i installed a Blagdon 5 way Remote control switch box so i could remotely control the pumps etc.

This is the one i installed : Blagdon Switch Box

Unfortunately it's started to fail, and i need to replace it, but although Blagdon still make Switchboxes, they only make manual ones. It seems they've stopped making this particular brand with the separate remote.

I've been looking for a replacement, but haven't found anything that even comes close.

Can anyone recommend something??

Cheers,

Andy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I have been looking for some type of central control system too. I hope someone has a lead on this as I would reallly like to make all of my pond equipment available on my wifi so I can control/monitor it while away. I do have a PZT camera looking down on the pond so I can see what is going on but can not control anything...yet.

Dan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I don't know if this helps, but you can buy very economical weatherproof multiple outlet splitters that work with a remote. I bought one on Amazon for my daughter to control her Christmas lights.
A word of caution would be to make sure you don't exceed the amperage rating of the one you buy. See how many amps or watts your devices draw and buy one that's capable. You don't want to overload it. In the case of your pond and the lives of your fish, I suggest getting a quality device. The one I bought my daughter was only $15 and rated at 15 amps and only turned on when it was dark out. You may not want one that only turns on at night, so make sure to check that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Everyone,

Again, it's been a very long time since i was last here, but i'm still searching for a replacement for the Blagdon.

It seems there's a real hole in the market for a simple rempote control switchbox. Nobody seems to make these things anymore.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I wonder if no one makes these because they have a tendency to fail? We have a remote control box on our variable speed pump and it seems to be the weak point on these things.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
I've had that Blagdon one for 7 years i think, and electrically it's working perfectly. A few bits have come loose, but apart from that it's sound. Unfortunately, they stopped making the remote control version for some reason, and i just can't find a replacement. Oase make something similar, but it costs a fortune, and has less connections. I should have brought two all those years ago. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Andy
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue. Switch is working but only manually.
There is a rest given int he PDF manual but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Definitely look into smart phone controlled stuff. I've got some nice switches from Meross which each control two outlets. They make a version for Alexa/Google/Apple HomeKit and a version without HomeKit support. These give you so much more than a switch: control from lots of devices, voice control, schedule settings including "sunset" as a time, etc. I've got lights and pumps on these kinds of controls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely look into smart phone controlled stuff. I've got some nice switches from Meross which each control two outlets. They make a version for Alexa/Google/Apple HomeKit and a version without HomeKit support. These give you so much more than a switch: control from lots of devices, voice control, schedule settings including "sunset" as a time, etc. I've got lights and pumps on these kinds of controls.
Great to know. Thanks. I’ll look into that

Ask a Question