Remote Control

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Guys,

The pond build ideas are coming along nicely now, but recently i've been thinking about how to control all the pumps and lighting that i've got planned.

A nice solution would be a remote control.

Does anyone have any tips on 5 or 10 way remote controls that can be used in the garden/pond areas to switch pumps and lighting loads?

cheers,

Andy.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Thanks Mogsie, this is exactly the kind of thing i'm looking for.... now if that was 5 or 10 gang it would be perfect.... it must be possible to get this here.

And yes, we have roughly the same mains voltage, 230V, and 2 pin plugs. But it makes me nostalgic to see the old 3 pin :)

cheers,

Andy.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
What all are you thinking of putting on the remotes, Pumps really don't need to be put on remotes as they will be running all the time unless it's a specialty water feature, Lights, yes, UV, ?? just curious. I have one for some of the bigger lights but I use a Christmas tree remote control. It's a single function but's that's all I needed for the small halogen and three in pond lights. Very seldom use it once the novelty wore off. now I just use the flip switch by the pond. the remote is still hooked up but I don't think I have used it once this year....lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Fishin4cars,

I'm still working out the details, but at the moment i want to put the waterfall pump, two (maybe three) sets of pond lights, and another small/artistic water feature next to the pond on the remote. The main pond pump and the UV will probably stay as a fixed switch.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OK, I wanted to make sure that was your plan. Lowes sells a multiport remote, try looking around the smoke detectors and see if you can find one there. Other wise your probably going to need to go to a specialty lighting company, or use those cheaper ones like they have for Christmas decorations. Or at least that's all I could find.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
:)

There's no Lowes here, but i can find it on their website and then look for something similar here.... or there's always mail order.... lots of UK/US companies post overseas.

cheers,

Andy.

Ask a Question