Replace liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings, hope thus is the correct sub-forum.

I have an existing liner that is leaking, that I want to replace. It has been sealed in with cement, that I don't want to dig out!!

If I cut the original liner leaving approx 15 to 30 cm around the edge. Then put the new epdm liner under, the original. Would you recommend that??

Would you recommend joining the two liners with sealent or double-sided tape??
Are there any videos that would show how best to do this??

Thanks
Clive

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you have a liner thats leaking and it has been sealed with concrete so it's on top of the old liner? and now you want to put a new liner over the old liner and the concrete? my concern is if the leak is slow and your new liner happens o slow the leak further then you may end up with water pooling on the old liner thus creating a hippo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you have a liner thats leaking and it has been sealed with concrete so it's on top of the old liner? and now you want to put a new liner over the old liner and the concrete? my concern is if the leak is slow and your new liner happens o slow the leak further then you may end up with water pooling on the old liner thus creating a hippo
Hi,
The leak is approximately 10 cm down along the edge, cannot find it.

I planned to take out the old liner leaving approx 20 cm, cemented in. Remove any stones, that may create a slow leak.
I want to put a liner right up to the top, under the 10cm strip that is cemented in.

What is the best way to ensure that there is no leak??

Attachments

• ponds.jpeg
    ponds.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Clean out any LOOSE MORTAR

STUFF ANY DEEP AREAS MORE THAN AN INCH WITH FOAM , LIKE FROM POOL NOODLES.

LEAVING AT LEAST 1/2" OR 3/4 " DEEP FROM THE FACE OF THE BRICK AND INSTALL A FISH FRIENDLY " preferably" caulking polyurethane based is best like pl s30
if that's where your leak is its no wonder no matter how good the Mason it will crack at the seam between mortar and epdm every time they do not expand and contract the same thus failure, cracking and leaks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Clean out any LOOSE MORTAR

STUFF ANY DEEP AREAS MORE THAN AN INCH WITH FOAM , LIKE FROM POOL NOODLES.

LEAVING AT LEAST 1/2" OR 3/4 " DEEP FROM THE FACE OF THE BRICK AND INSTALL A FISH FRIENDLY " preferably" caulking polyurethane based is best like pl s30
if that's where your leak is its no wonder no matter how good the Mason it will crack at the seam between mortar and epdm every time they do not expand and contract the same thus failure, cracking and leaks
Apologies,
No, the leak is approx 10 to 20 cm down from the edge of the pond.
I have not located any cracks/holes in the liner... I just have an undetected slow leak.

Ask a Question