Replacing the 36 watt uv light in my Jeboa 15000 filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have lost the manual to my filer, and am having trouble locating on online.

My water is turning green QUICKLY!

Does anyone have knowledge about this filter?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WelcomeKitten.gif
@sandy36542
I don't know about that filter,sorry.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Go to youtube

But to be honest the uv is a bandaid it does nothing to solve why your getting green algae. I got green water for about a week when the pond was new. Once the filter got cycled no more green water and I have 20 12 inch plus plus koi.
16908420475174693169226576644382.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Did a quick Internet search and found a lot of sites mentioning this filter set up (or one like it). I didn’t specifically look for the answer to your question, but from my experience, calling the company often helps.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Go to youtube

But to be honest the uv is a bandaid it does nothing to solve why your getting green algae. I got green water for about a week when the pond was new. Once the filter got cycled no more green water and I have 20 12 inch plus plus koi.View attachment 159533
My pond isn't new, and the water was clear until the uv went out.
I'm in the deep South with LOTS of sun.
Your babies are beautiful!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sun isn’t the issue - nutrients in the water are the issue. We have a pond in full sun in the Midwest - it’s been about 95 for two weeks now - no pea soup algae. And no UV. All the UV does is kill the single celled organisms which leave you with dead things in the water which then feeds more algae - it’s a never ending cycle. And what else are you killing in the process?

The goal is more plants to outcompete the algae - get the balance right and you won’t have to rely on UV.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You know who never has a algae issue is a large pond with small fish good circulation and a oversized filter of pretty much any kind. But a bog is my preference.
But I agree with Lisa uv's are more in today's fish keeping for retail sales where 200 fish are in a 1000 gallon tank. But it's their little water changes and constant medications that keep them alive.

Ask a Question