Rigging up a net

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Of course -- I've ordered my net and figured out what I want to do.

Then the husband says: What about acorns?
Arrrrggghhh!
My net is more of a mesh, as we had a big cedar tree ( before it came down in a storm ) hanging over the pond, dropping fine debris. Everything is a trade off, as the mesh doesn't allow easy access to the pond for wild life, medium sized mets can trap frogs and birds and large weave nets....well, they allow acorns to fall through ! LOL

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I made a PVC tent for the fall for mine because this is what I ended up with 2 falls ago.
2015-12-13 07.28.02.jpg

I used 2' long metal stakes to drive into the ground around the pond. Made a PVC dome and used the metal stakes to anchor it to the ground and then draped the net over the whole thing. I also used tent stakes to anchor the net on the ground.
The most expensive cost was the netting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
@tbendl -- O. M. G... That would freak me out!!!!!

My husband said we should probably get me some scuba gear so I can fish out the acorns. :) Time to put on my thinking cap!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I normally drape it across with landscaping staples this year I am going with emt conduit as I have a bender and knowledge dealing with because of low voltage imo pvc plumbing may not hold up to snow and wet leaf load.

Ask a Question