rosy reds trying to get some food.

Reaction score
I forgot to bring my phone or you could have seen them trying to attack a pellet. I swear I am surprised a koi has not swallowed one by mistake. I just put in some duckweed too. you can see the pregnant one too. they are not quite as bright in person but better then what they look like in the pet store.

how do you get ytoutube videos embedded?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You should be able to just copy the utube url into your post and it just appears after you submit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Steve knight said:
where do you get that option? I went through all the choices in youtube and never found that one.

Just like j.w. said, copy and paste the url (the http://www.....) and the forum automatically adds the rest. Easy peezy.

Also, did you record that with an iphone? If so, you can turn it sideways and it will adjust automatically so you'll have a video with more normal dimensions.

Reaction score
Great video. Thank you. I do have one question for you though. What are you going to do with the rosy reds come winter ? I see that you probably live in about the same zone as me. Or is your pond deep enough to sustain them through the winter ?

Reaction score
here is another one with a feeding ring. boy look at them go. then here comes the leviathan and scoops up the food.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]nS6VSRqx8M8[/MEDIA]"]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Rosies are native to the Northern US, so as long as the water doesn't freeze solid, they survive just fine. That's why I have them in my pond too - very low-maintenance.

Steve - I've had the same thoughts about my koi eating the rosies. I don't know if its ever happened, but the rosies sure don't seem to have any fear of the koin!

Reaction score
Shdwdrgn said:
Rosies are native to the Northern US, so as long as the water doesn't freeze solid, they survive just fine. That's why I have them in my pond too - very low-maintenance.

Steve - I've had the same thoughts about my koi eating the rosies. I don't know if its ever happened, but the rosies sure don't seem to have any fear of the koin!

nope I was touching them today.

Ask a Question