017.jpg
019.jpg
019.jpg
025.jpg
021.jpg
017.jpg
Here are a few of the koi I managed to catch

Reaction score
They are GORGOEUS!!! So wish I lived near you!! The white with the large black scales is my favorite! <3

Are these koi that hatched in your pond?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Some of these were hatched out in my pond and some are ones that I purchased special order that haven't developed the colors I wanted. I am way over stocked and if I don't thin the herd I know I will have a major problem soon! I am even cutting my prices big time so hopefully I can find these guys new homes.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
070.jpg
Well the round up went well but the sale is a bust! All my regular customers don't need any fish (bought too many before) and the new people aren't working out. I have been screening new customers. So far- 100gal. pond 250 gal., 500 gal. with 3 15" fish. Latest has 2500 and I'm thinking great! pond is 2 months old and he says he has fish problem, possibly parasites? Guessing he has no idea. Guess I will have to add more filtration and hope for a big sale next spring.
I did move PITA form the preform up front to a 100 gal. stock tank. He was 2 1/2" in june and solid orange. He is now 9" orange -white long fin!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just recommended a customer with 2500 gal. 2 month old pond to the site. hopefully he will join. won't sell him fish.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well, its been 3 years since I started this thread. I just held my last koi sale. Downsizing due to health issues with myself and hubby. A little over 2 years ago we had 3 dozen + koi in each pond and have had problems each year. Now, after finding homes for our excess, we have 7 adults in the one pond and 4 adults and about 10 1 year olds in the other. I dropped my prices but made sure that the people that got koi had nice ponds and knew what they were doing. Took all of 5 hours to sell over 35 fish. Still have to capture 4 large koi and deliver to new ponds. Still getting requests but not planning on doing this anymore. Hopefully the fish will cooperate and we will not have major babies in the future! Recommended the forum to my customers but have not seen anybody join yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I bet you're exhausted! It's a tough job rounding them all up. I find I enjoy my pond more now, with just my 4 koi...enjoyable, but not a lot of work. They do spawn each year and I'm hoping they eat all the eggs!

Ask a Question