Rubbermaid Bog Bending

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No, LOL I am trying to decide if I want to just return the rubbermaid tank and buy a second Oase filter. I can plant stuff in the stream but I want to know which will filter better.
Well...... To me there is something satisfactory in seeing all the gunk that gets cleaned out of a regular filter. I'm weird, I guess.

But on the other hand,when I opened up the bog clean-outs last month and saw what pushed out....that was impressive. But what I did was left the water going to the bog when I opened the CO's, so the pump was pushing crud out that way. Then capped them for a little while, then repeated the process. No idea how one is "supposed to" do it.

If I could only choose 1, I'd go bog, which is my eventual goal.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
See I love the look of the bog but the simplicity of the filter. I had clear water when both were functioning but man... I really don't want to dig out a bog again. It is backbreaking nasty work. I am leaning toward the 2 filters and planting stuff in the stream that I could more easily control and wouldn't have the ability to get 5 feet tall.
+ because my yard is so flat, the filter would allow me to do a lower waterfall stream set up which would blend a bit better with my flat yard versus having to build up to the top of the tank.
I'm googling and trying to do a little research before I decide.

Ask a Question