Ideas of hiding the large rubbermaid filter

Reaction score
I am currently working on the "Skippy Style" filter that koikeeper has instructions for in another thread.
I have to use my filter pretty close by (not curb side though).
Any suggestions on a tasteful hide. I really don't want to see that huge rubbermaid everyday. I need a little advice.

Reaction score
55gal. drum, or stock tank? Either way you could build a rock or brick retaining wall to come just a bit over the tank, add shims to the inner walls like you were building a bbq firepit, and cut another layer of the grate you are using in the filter and add some plants to fill the hole. Should work.

Reaction score
i've built my skippy-style filter based on this one:

http://www.algreenproducts.com/products_catalogue.php?cat=Rain Barrels&id=81001

the somewhat tricky part is that the neck is smaller in diameter then the bottom part so the grating holding the media had to be cut in half and the attached together with zip cords so i could fold in half to insert and then unfolded inside of the barrel. It sits next to my pond and has nice curb appeal.

Reaction score
3qtkidz said:
I am currently working on the "Skippy Style" filter that koikeeper has instructions for in another thread.
I have to use my filter pretty close by (not curb side though).
Any suggestions on a tasteful hide. I really don't want to see that huge rubbermaid everyday. I need a little advice.

Maybe a picture of the location and surrounding area would help better.

Reaction score
large ornamental grasses like fountain grass, for example. You could also build a box out of 2x4's and some lattice (just put a top on some hinges so you can access it), put it on the side of your house or under a deck, evergreen bushes, etc. Get creative!

Reaction score
my filter is camouflaged with a piece of military camonet.

you can see it the vid I've made of my pond.

grt

[ame]

Reaction score
Going by your other post with pics of your DIY stock tank filter - If your filter will be somewhere next to your shadowbox style fence, I would just contain the filter in shadow box fence or use the same shadowbox pattern to make a box around the stock tank. You could even use a creeping vine like clemetis, just train it from growing where you don't want it.

Ask a Question