Sarassa Or Shubunkin

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Just remembered what they are call, Sunrise Shubunkins.

"Sunrise Shubunkins have transparent scales which allows their pink gills to show through, as well as a light blue body. Most also have solid black eyes."
yes after sunset they become moonlight lol yes ur rite , i remembered some thing to do with sun or moon so u got it correct in end

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like them, some are almost pure white, some have a lot of color under the scales. Mainly blues. The eyes are black. Now with interbreeding I am getting some whites with a lot of "normal" shubbie colors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You might want to reconsider having the fancies is with regular GF. Some fancies don't do well in outdoor ponds, for various reasons. Not saying don't do it, just cautioning.
thanks, the ten fish were rescued together. And according to the lady I got them from, they have been together for 2-3 years. Hoping they will continue to play nice, though their home is twice the size now. They're moving on up you could say...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
very nice , how long are they atm? not all grow to its full length as it depends on genes and environment but usually 8 inch max, ihv seen 14 inch shubunken too . never seen very large sarasa i think sarasa are smaller then shubunken most of my sarasa has stooped growing at 5/6 inch , few shubunken passed 8/9 inch .
the ones in pic may turn white as they grow older , there colour pigments look weak to me . may have one mart on head lets see
these are about 7 & 9 inches
I have two more which are a bit larger at 10 &12 inches

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just remembered what they are call, Sunrise Shubunkins.

"Sunrise Shubunkins have transparent scales which allows their pink gills to show through, as well as a light blue body. Most also have solid black eyes."

I had one of these that I picked up from Petsmart before I built a pond. He had trouble coming back from winter. Another, similar, fish that I got last year died over the winter. I picked up two more yesterday. I hope these are not known for being fragile fish as I do like the coloration pattern.

Ask a Question