Savio skimmer

Reaction score
I love my savio compact skimmer but now I need a new UV light and I am a bit shocked at the price. I guess I never really looked at that before I bought the skimmer. $108 for UV light. The last one lasted one year.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I can tell you this about them, They work great! If you'll only run the light when needed and store it clean and packed carefully when not needed you can probably expect a good four to five years of use from a single light. That is if you unplug it and remove it and store it clean when not in use. I've had mine now for the third season and each year when I go through the light green water effect i turn it on for about a week or two and I'm done for the year. Money well spent if your needing to run a uv.

Reaction score
I know, very old thread, but closest I could find in a search, lol.

How have peoples experiences been with the old-style, non-stainless steel Savio 50w skimmer lights? Looks like they've updated the transformer too, to "last longer." I've got a line on an old-style Savio brand 50w light kit for less than retail.

Looks like a company - "Aqua UV" is selling a 57w bulb kit to fit the Savio skimmers for quite a bit less, and all the parts are cheaper too, bulbs are like half the money.

Ask a Question