Saw this, wondering if anyone has tried it. Tossing it around!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can see that working but that dryloc stuff is not made for completely wet conditions all the time it peels I know I used it on my bird bath inside and left it to cure for 2 weeks and well it peeled and then tried it again making sure the bird bath was completely dry and did it again and it peeled again .You could use a clear thicker plexiglass or double plexiglass up and silicone them together ..Before i saw this i was outside filling my finch feed and was looking at it closely and wondered how it would work .I have one finch feeder in plastic that holds 2 socks and another one that holds 4 socks .I bet it could be converted over .

Reaction score
Looking at the build, I wasn't too convinced with the wood. Seems like you could use a sheet of thick abs or even a plastic barrel lid. I like the idea. I'll have to build one once I get my skippy done(my whiskey barrel is expensive). I am kind of pushing around the thought of this as a possible skippy Pre filter. Might be too much though. Btw, sissy, are you always online :)

Reaction score
In general it looks almost identical to a fabric filter I built once, but they're using a different, more open fabric. Seems like this is just a pre filter. There's a sieve filter in the video that is semi bypassed to go to this thing. So you bypass a pre filter that gets crap out of the water column 24/7 and is almost self cleaning and instead use what is basically a fine skimmer basket with the crap sitting in the water column and has to be cleaned. Can't say I see the point.

For the price of the plywood and Dryloc something that would last could have been used. Plastic, fiberglass, Hardiboard, aluminum, etc. Typical DIY, when good standard materials could be used we instead use the worst possible.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no just leave my self on easier than signing in I have been out mowing the lawn as I have 3 acres here .Just in and out cooling off time .To hot run in get a drink do a little house work and back out .I usually do my pond early in the morning about 7 am .I'm really a busy bee.I think the energizer bunny crawled up my butt sometimes lol :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:and I do it all by me little self

Attachments

• all round 2012 013.JPG
    all round 2012 013.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 2012 house 009.JPG
    2012 house 009.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 346
  • 2012 house 002.JPG
    2012 house 002.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 251

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol mowed today too sissy, buzzed around on my zero turn, love that sucker, set it at high speed and go for it. doing donuts with my mower..................then washed and waxed his corvette, got to be pretty for the muscle car weekend at ocean city.

but back to have you tried it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nope

Ask a Question