Scottish Newbie

Reaction score
Hello,
Thought I would drop a quick hello from the Scottish Borders in here. I have my first small pond and absolutely loving it, its too small for fish but I love watch the wildlife slowing but surely colonising it. I have a couple of snails which I love to watch at every opportunity (the neighbours must think I'm mad that I'm always hovering at the side of it but who cares. Was fantastic watching a robin taking his first bath in it. So hello all and I will post some photos in the relevant section.
Sheila.

Reaction score
Hi Sheila,

I know what you mean about the wildlife colonizing your pond. The second night I had mine filled with water I found a frog hopping along it's edges. It's rare enough to see a frog these days but I live on the cusp of the American desert so around here it's just unheard of. I wonder where he'd been hiding before my pond gave him a new home?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum.... Would like to see some pics from over there..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Thought I would drop a quick hello from the Scottish Borders in here. I have my first small pond and absolutely loving it, its too small for fish but I love watch the wildlife slowing but surely colonising it. I have a couple of snails which I love to watch at every opportunity (the neighbours must think I'm mad that I'm always hovering at the side of it but who cares. Was fantastic watching a robin taking his first bath in it. So hello all and I will post some photos in the relevant section.
Sheila.
Welcome in Sheila.

Ask a Question