Sequence 750 pump and basket strainer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now what are the advantages of having a pump and a detached priming pot? Or is it better to have a pump with a built in priming pot?

I supposed having it separate you can swap out broken parts easier? On the other hand you have to connect the pot to the pump and that's two more joints that may leak.

I was about to order the Sequence pump and priming pot and called the vendor to ask some questions about dimensions and what fittings to mate the priming pot to the pump, and he said consider the Performance Pro Artesian2 pump he highly recommends it.

So now I am back to "undecided" LOL.
PerformancePro is highly recommended when I was doing my research so I ended up getting that, it is more expensive unfortunately but the quality is there. Although still not hooked up (build is taking a wee bit longer than expected, lol). I think my question about a cover was misunderstood. I realize you cannot protect against a flood like you had, but the very first line of the manual for the Sequence says do not allow the pump to be submerged from transient heavy rain or runoff. PerformancePro says the same thing, so you do have to cover these pumps (again not talking about flood proof). Performance does sell separately a cover for their pumps.
Not sure why the Sequence sells the strainer/priming pot separately other than it can make the pump look like it has a cheaper price. I guess if you have a good skimmer and filter before the water gets to the pump then you dont have to worry about debris getting in the pump, but you would still have the priming issue. Majority of pumps I have seen come with those pots attached already so I am not sure you really save anything in the future and I don't think those pots are really a part that breaks down all that much but maybe I am wrong.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a pool pump that's unprotected from rain and kept on working for years. I am not planning on any special protection for this pond pump either. But i have seen these protection covers.

pumpshield.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a pool pump that's unprotected from rain and kept on working for years. I am not planning on any special protection for this pond pump either. But i have seen these protection covers.

View attachment 160024
Yep, that is what I got, not exactly pretty lol. I have resigned myself to just planting something that will hide it from view.

Ask a Question