Settling Tank for Two Bottom Drains- How Beneficial?

Reaction score
The first tank will be the settling tank. The water then will be piped to another tank (same size) where the pump will be. It will be a submersible pump that will pump water up to the bio filter.

Thanks for all the replies. But I do have one question..... The settling tank will be 3 feet above the bottom drains at water level. Will the water via pressure (gravity) move enough water at an appropriate rate to move solids up hill?

Reaction score
jamesnve said:
RECOMMEND U USE A BIO FILTER IN UR TANK..

SOURCE:luxecustomfountains.com

I will have a bio filter as part of the system.... the prefilter will remove solids before they get to the biofilter.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "biofilter in the tank.

Reaction score
For all of you who have asked about cleaning fish tanks... Cleaning your aquarium is a simple and straight forward task, and should not take very long (Unless you have a particularly small tank or bowl, in which case care can be quite cumbersome and time consuming). The better care you provide for your tank, the healthier your fish will be, the nicer your tank will look and the easier your tank will be to care for in the future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No!
malatu said:
The first tank will be the settling tank. The water then will be piped to another tank (same size) where the pump will be. It will be a submersible pump that will pump water up to the bio filter.

Thanks for all the replies. But I do have one question..... The settling tank will be 3 feet above the bottom drains at water level. Will the water via pressure (gravity) move enough water at an appropriate rate to move solids up hill?

Reaction score
I've returned the settling tank to central tractor ... I'm going with a sieve.

Ask a Question