Shabunkin doin wierd stuff with lights

Reaction score
Hi there I have a 3" shabunkin that recently is displaying some obsessive affliction with the yellow pond light I have that sits under a log. The fish places the top of its head against the light and sits there on 90degr rotated (on its side) and constantly wiggles fins and tail to stay hard up against the light. Obviously unnatural angle for a fish it then spends hrs repeatedly going to the surface for a gulp of air and swims down, the air expires and the process goes on. Whats this fish doin? Autumn is coming to a close here, is this fish just trying to get warm. Water temp 14 deg celcius.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is your fish still alive Jabari? It does sound odd and maybe the fish is suffering from something whether it be mental or physical I don't know. Sorry I can't help ya but feel bad for the fish and you having to wonder what you can do to help it if indeed there is something wrong with it.

Ask a Question