She made it!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
How do you get past not collecting rocks .I am sure jw can't as she picks up everything .I would be filling my pockets to the point I would not be able to walk .Does jw have her kittys with her or does she have a house and kitty sitter
J.w. is stacking rocks beside the trail. She's going back later with her bike to pick them up! :ROFLMAO:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sissy. JW does not carry that pack for nothing! :) :) :) there are rocks in it.

Haro, no way you can ride a bike up there

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sissy she has her one cat with her. One was snatched by a coyote in the last few months. We are keeping missy and boo separate.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh yeh who would win that battle missy or boo .Sorry about jw 's other kitty ,I know how she loved them .Back pack must be heavy after 3 minutes into the walk .I am amazed she did not make you wear a back pack so you she could fill yours too .What kind of friend are you ;):ROFLMAO:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol I had my camera bag that was heavy enough by the time we got back to the cars! We behaved, one small rock each.

I have a bunch of great looking rocks here she is eyeing to haul home.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow those pictures of you two are just fantastic! I love the big catus with big spikes and all the beautiful Arizona scenery. You sure climbed a long way on those big hills, must be a real good work out!
Send JW LOTS oF Hugs from me! Hope the weather is just beautiful and you two have a great time !

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here are a few more shots from our walk, poured rain yesterday, snowing up north now, freeze warnings tonight............colder than Maryland tonight..........

JW being good walking by all those rocks!
jw5.JPG

A view of the Valleys around Phoenix from the top of the mountain.
You can see downtown phoenix in the distance, mid upper part of the picture. Most tall buildings are restricted to that area.
The lakes you see is a man made HOA development, arrowhead lakes.
az5.JPG

az1.JPG

az2.JPG
az3.JPG

Superstition Mountains in the distance, where a lot of people look for the lost dutchmans mine. Supposed to be full of gold.
az4.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Great photo's Addy really glad you guys could meet up like we did with Andy41 the other year , so sorry to hear about the kitty j.w. we know they leave paw prints on our hearts and will be greatly missed.
Be careful with all those rocks you dont want to go putting your back out now do you ?
Heal well and keep well , when your better see you then but not before as @Big Lou and I know "to our cost" .

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, fantastic photos @addy1! Thanks so much for sharing them with us (y) Looks like you've been having a great time, and I love those photos of the road runner!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks! It is pretty here, if you like cactus open land, Brown in the summer and HOT!

We are getting a lot of rain, the spring flowers in the desert will be beautiful! :) if it keeps raining off and on.

The cactus bloom in March, just gorgeous

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My aunt lived out there and she passed away this year but her daughter and granddaughter still live there .I made the mistake of visiting them in the summer a couple of years ago and the heat was dry and hot .2 days and I thought I would not live the week out there .It cooled off at night at least .My body is not made for that weather .:)

Ask a Question