Short shubby clip for shubby fans

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Amazed about the graceful look, but much more about the capacity to endure low winter temps.
I haven't seen the common carp for a month now, I guess/hope the are hibernating. But the shubbies are carrying on as if in Spring :giggle: . I am feeding them every second day, I know I shouldn't in winter, but they are very young and are growing very fast too.

Glad to share this experience and hope you like it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
40 degrees? We have shubunkins in our pond where the temps can get to 20 below. They’re goldfish - they can handle it. (So can the koi for that matter.)

Reaction score
Country
Peru
40 degrees? We have shubunkins in our pond where the temps can get to 20 below. They’re goldfish - they can handle it. (So can the koi for that matter.)
Wow I knew they can endure low temps but not that low :)
I have common carp (wild, direct from Mother Nature) in the same pond and they have switched over to winter mode. I don't see any of them for almost a month now, not even when I feed the shubies.
The shubies, on the other side, kind of ignoring the low temps! We will have the low temps until mid of August...will see
Thanks

Ask a Question