should i start feeding my fish again

Reaction score
yesterday i checked the tempurature and it was 60F is it ok to start feeding again because i dont think that its going anywhere close to 50F again

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
60* if it gonna stay that way feed em' low protien food untill it hits 70*. spring/fall diet,light feedings to start several times a day, slowly increasing amount. with less feedings. not to fast let your filter keep up with bioload. watch the temp, and fish, use common sence.

Reaction score
i dont know how cold its going to get cause that was a pretty short winter...all of these santa ana winds is making it hot and dry...but today is the last day supposedly

ill check on them today because i have to feed my trout

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i wouldnt call what you get in so.cal. winter, try here in michigan we've had well over 2' of snow, havent seen even 40* in over a month,and have at least 6 more weeks before anything even remotely ressembling spring will show itself. if were lucky!!!

Reaction score
Hi

Here in england it has been very mild but just this week the weather has changed for the worst.

Are you sure the worst is over?

Also how active are your fish. Do they look as though they are ready for the spring or are they still in winter mode?

I agree with koiguy if your are going to feed them keep it very light

Reaction score
i dont know around October will be the first year of having Koi instead of Sharks in my pond so i dont know what Spring in Koi look like..they are more active though and the weather hasnt been cold lately....the water temp hovers around 60

Reaction score
Maybe spring has already started for you. Is it normally this early? 60 seems a good temp for the water so your fish probably have perked up! I'd still keep any feed light and if the weather deteriorates stop.

Reaction score
im not to sure cause ive never really had to pay attention to the seasons like i do now...but they seem hungry...they swim up to the surface when i walk past and they NEVER did that before i was trying to train them right before winter

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
look here......... its been almost 2 weeks since the original post, if your water has stayed above 55* your fish should be on a regular feeding schedule by now. just low protein food untill the water hits 70*. then regular summer feeding can begin.

Reaction score
it hovered around 55 for a while cause it got cold and then it got real warm cause of santa anas and then got cold and now finally stablized a bit

Ask a Question