Show Me Your Deck Beside Your Pond

Reaction score
OK... Going back to serious mode now. But, gotta thank everyone for the great fun! What a hoot!
Humor is the best way to lose belly fat! Mine is hard and tight now after all that laughing!

I know, but don't go there!

Gordy

Reaction score
I
I haven't seen a deck like that since spring break in college....

Seriously, though. That's really awesome. Will there be a rail above the pond?

Thanks :) can you tell I watched Karate Kid a few times in my life.... Yes I have another post with the railing started but only one section is finished due to our wonderful weather ;)

Reaction score
We sometimes call it our "deck" or patio, but it's really more of a courtyard.
full

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If you have a deck that comes up to the pond, may I see a photo?

My pond project is planned; my deck project is still developing in my brain. I want it to be fluid, and I want to sit on my deck and stare at my pond for 6 months straight. I can always use ideas.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If you have a deck that comes up to the pond, may I see a photo?

My pond project is planned; my deck project is still developing in my brain. I want it to be fluid, and I want to sit on my deck and stare at my pond for 6 months straight. I can always use ideas.

Thank you!

If you would like to view my album, you can see how my "deck to pond" evolved from 2010 until last summer. I have had a blast building and creating this the last few years from a yard that had absolutely NOTHING in it. Please enjoy your new ventures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
If you would like to view my album, you can see how my "deck to pond" evolved from 2010 until last summer. I have had a blast building and creating this the last few years from a yard that had absolutely NOTHING in it. Please enjoy your new ventures.

Now, is that a cold-hardy banana plant? I have one and have no idea if it'll come back this year.

And the pond is really lovely. Nice work!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Now, is that a cold-hardy banana plant? I have one and have no idea if it'll come back this year.

And the pond is really lovely. Nice work!

Yes it is a musa basjoo. It comes back with a vengeance! I started with three plants originally three years ago and last summer I ended up with around seventy!! However, dont fret, just cut down the ones you dont want but you will have to do that about once a week. With that being said, you are supposed to put about a foot of straw on top after cutting them down for the season but the summer before last I didnt put anything over one set of them because I didn twant them there anymore and they came back anyway.

And thanks for the compliment.

Ask a Question