morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
You were given exactly what you asked for, nobody decked you around.

Incidentally, building a deck around boulders is pretty easy, just takes a little bit of scribing (a couple passes at least) with a jigsaw. Try to keep your deck as close to the ground as possible. Mine is about 5" (the deck, not my.....) off the ground so that it is flush with the interlock (no tripping hazard). The deck structure (framing material) is 4x4 PTL bolted onto post anchors in concrete filled sonotubes. Prior to decking with 5/4 radius western red cedar, landscape fabric was laid and the spaces filled with clear 3/4" gravel. If you're going to have a deck abutting the pond, try to have the pond reach under the deck by at least a foot.

It's fun playing with your deck while you're erecting it.

Reaction score
have to ask mucky how does it do with the snow mucky
The snow hasn't hurt anything, last year we had around 3 ft of compact snow covering the pond, which was way more than we would normally get.
full

I thought I might have a problem this winter with the water levels in my getting too high in the pump room settling tank, but it has turned out not to be an issue either.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ours just sits on the ground on top of the liner. Not attached. We can pick it up with two people to move it, stain or fix anything. It is made out of stained redwood. I stained all sides of every board before putting it together.

DSCN3958_zpsdaec00da.jpg

Looking back at it from behind the waterfall. The water level of the pond goes right up to the base of the deck.
831324_zps15822989.jpg

Reaction score
I thought I might have a problem this winter with the water levels in my getting too high in the pump room settling tank, but it has turned out not to be an issue either.
LOL
I'm not sure if it's dyslexia or Alzheimer’s, but whatever it is it seems to be getting worse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Puns and pictures are thoroughly enjoyed, thanks!! I love the idea of a movable deck, Pecan, and wonder if I could swing it here. I love Dr. Case's railing: so timeless and beautiful. And Morewaters stain is lovely. This forum is a wealth of inspiration.

Ask a Question