Shubunkin

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's so important to consider the end result when stocking a pond - if a pond can support six or eight fish max, then the math should tell you to buy two. Or better yet one... because they won't stop at eight! The fish don't read the same rules we do! With that many shubunkins - even small ones - you need a bigger pond, STAT.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11a
Country
Malta
Y
It's so important to consider the end result when stocking a pond - if a pond can support six or eight fish max, then the math should tell you to buy two. Or better yet one... because they won't stop at eight! The fish don't read the same rules we do! With that many shubunkins - even small ones - you need a bigger pond, STAT.
Know that first timers go crazy and buy more fish then they should that s what happened to me I'll have to learn from my mistake s

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I've got red and white shubunkin I've seen a lot of colours but I can't find any other colours in Malta I'm not gonna stop looking until I get some I love the Bristol shubunkin there beautiful
if u only see red white then they are sarasa , ithink they breed more in start , once u have more population and bigger fish , the babies wil have less surviving rate as water will become harsh too . it depends if u feed them alot they will grow but not that fast if u have small pond . they may reach 6 to 7 inch in 2 years , u can add koi to control population .btw we think we can have good fishes from breeding but its not the case , usualy in shops uil find better quality bcz of selective breeding . i had lots of shubs but majority will not be good quality . most of them wil be plain red or plain white after few breedings .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11a
Country
Malta
if u only see red white then they are sarasa , ithink they breed more in start , once u have more population and bigger fish , the babies wil have less surviving rate as water will become harsh too . it depends if u feed them alot they will grow but not that fast if u have small pond . they may reach 6 to 7 inch in 2 years , u can add koi to control population .btw we think we can have good fishes from breeding but its not the case , usualy in shops uil find better quality bcz of selective breeding . i had lots of shubs but majority will not be good quality . most of them wil be plain red or plain white after few breedings .
I bought a black one now it's red

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah 4 days after I got them I found 3 young a few days later I found 11more baby s
how big are the young?. The eggs take like 2-3 days to hatch and you would not really be able to see the young swimming around. when they first hatch they cant swim until 2-3 days and is as small as your eyelash...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11a
Country
Malta
how big are the young?. The eggs take like 2-3 days to hatch and you would not really be able to see the young swimming around. when they first hatch they cant swim until 2-3 days and is as small as your eyelash...
3 are 1 cm long the others as big as an ant

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
3 are 1 cm long the others as big as an ant
those are not the babies of the one you just put in then :) It's impossible. (since you said you put in 4 days and already found babies). Do you have other fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11a
Country
Malta
those are not the babies of the one you just put in then :) It's impossible. (since you said you put in 4 days and already found babies). Do you have other fish?
No I found them after 2 months

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had shubbies and they breed like bunnies and have a habit of jumping out during breeding .I don't have them any more ;)Fat fantails stay small and seem to never breed and hand feeding them from the start makes them so friendly

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
No I found them after 2 months
haha ok :) I missed read your comment then! I have smaller fish to eat the babies because I don't want too many in my pond. But wathcing them grow is a lot of fun.. the colors are interesting to wait and see what they can come out to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11a
Country
Malta
haha ok :) I missed read your comment then! I have smaller fish to eat the babies because I don't want too many in my pond. But wathcing them grow is a lot of fun.. the colors are interesting to wait and see what they can come out to.
Yes mine are red or red and white

Ask a Question