shutting down for winter question...

Reaction score
Got that settled, now if we can just find a way to install a wireless transmitter hooked up to an underwater video camera we can just switch channels occasionally and watch life in the pond from our recliner on TV :lol:--- tongue in cheek, but I suspect the tech is available if a person wanted to look into it.:rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ponderpaul said:
Got that settled, now if we can just find a way to install a wireless transmitter hooked up to an underwater video camera we can just switch channels occasionally and watch life in the pond from our recliner on TV :lol:--- tongue in cheek, but I suspect the tech is available if a person wanted to look into it.:rolleyes:

Do you recall the x 10 cameras? I have a ton of them (old hubby wanted everything watched)
They do wireless and transmit to your tv for viewing pleasure. Now it would not be underwater, but maybe you could put into a plastic waterproof container.

And by a ton I mean a boxes and boxes of them...........maybe someone would like some to try out! lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
addy1 said:
Thank you, ordered this one, sunday, it got here today.......talk about speedy.
It works wonderfully! 4 bars, anywhere I put it in the house, even by my wire less weather station that transmits also.

Pond is sitting at 52 right now, lol Sweet!

Great to hear!! How far away is it from you pond? Does it ever loose the signal?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koisRus said:
Great to hear!! How far away is it from you pond? Does it ever loose the signal?

Has not lost the signal yet, (running for a week) the pond is around 50 feet away and way down the hill from the house, a 20 foot plus drop over all.(if not more) I put it in the deep end, which is the furthest point from the house.

From pond to house
DSC00261.jpg

Shot from roof of house to pond
DSC00547.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00261.jpg
    DSC00261.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC00548.jpg
    DSC00548.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Addy, if you don't mind, could you keep us (or me) updated on the performance of this thermometer? I would be very interested to know if it constantly has a signal, on a weekly basis then a monthly basis.

The one that I have does lose its signal every so often.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I bought the same one you did on EBay. It is supposed to be good for 100'. at 25' mine still loses the signal. I have to keep moving the inside one around to find a "hot spot".

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koisRus said:
Addy, if you don't mind, could you keep us (or me) updated on the performance of this thermometer? I would be very interested to know if it constantly has a signal, on a weekly basis then a monthly basis.

The one that I have does lose its signal every so often.

Laughing sure...................just remind me! im / email / yahoo lol

So far has kept signal during heavy rain, fog, cold, wind, and sun. (no snow yet!)

The reader is sitting right in front of the tv, surrounded by 3 computers, bose surround, dish ird, clock, digital converter box (tv antenna tv is digital, but the converter box works better than the tv's digital feed) and cable modem, wireless router. Around 14 feet into the house.

In other words there is plenty of interference, where it is. It has bars to show signal so far has had five bars consistently. The temperature bar graph is fun too, one side 3 days, the other covers 16 hours. And saves highest and lowest..........lol don't mean to sound like a sales peep.

I LOVE gadgets................lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koisRus said:
Addy, just wondering how the wireless thermometer has been working, has it ever lost the signal since setting it up?

Nope still running fine, we have had some hard rains, fog etc. Usually shows 3-4 bars. Thanks for reminding me.......lol.

We have been gone the last week, but the 3 day history shows a history and the day history shows, working with a good signal when we walked in.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I moved it to where it had just the signal bar, to test it for you, not the four bars, and it still reads the pond temp. So imho it works great, even with our distance it needs to cover.

Reaction score
Thanks Addy, looks like I may have to get one like yours after all. Mine works most of the time, but does lose its signal every so often. It also seems like on really windy days it just doesn't do so well. With Christmas coming up maybe I will find one under the tree.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Ebay sent me a survey today on my purchase of the wireless thermometer. The guy selling them is not going to be happy with his credibility score. If you say 100', it should work at 25' and mine barely does.

Ask a Question