shutting down for winter question...

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Mine is still working as long as I keep the the pair less than 25' and in a hpt spot.

DrDave, I will be getting the Acu-Rite one like addy has for Christmas. I just got back from Lowes and purchased this from Acu-Rite, http://www.lowes.com/pd_263101-1308...acurite&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntt=acurite, I have the sending unit under the dome that I put over my pond just to check the air temperature, I can bring the receiver into the middle of my basement rec room, or to the any room upstairs, and it has 4 out of 4 bars of signal strength. It also transmits every 16 seconds, not 3 minutes the the one we have. If their pool one works the same, it will be alot better than the one we have. Sorry I ever purchased, and mentioned the other one to you!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It is not your fault the unit is not as advertised. With the receiver in our garden window if seems to work. I may have to modify mine as you did to get it more stable.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koisrus, not your fault. Never know how something works until you try it out. I like gadgets that is what led me to buy the one with the bar graph. And it did seem to have a good distance to it.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I do like the ability to see the temp daily without having to go out there with a digital meat thermometer every so often.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:
I do like the ability to see the temp daily without having to go out there with a digital meat thermometer every so often.

Me too, just have to glance at it.. And look outside and see the ice covering it, that really tells you how cold it is........lol

Reaction score
Going back to the food and cool temps. Wheat germ is a good choice for cooler temps as it is easy for the fish to digest. Some wheat germs claim that you can feed the fish year round as long as the water is above 39 degrees. But like Dr.Dave said I think its better that you stop feeding all together at 50 and below.

Ask a Question