sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pellets sink thats all and my fish have been raised on tetra and will not eat the other kind but they do love the OSI blueberry strawberry and orange treats I get from pet mountain .The bag and weight seemed small for the price of 2.79 cents but I was amazed at how much I got .And they smell great

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
to balance your water use crushed oyster shells .you can get them at any farm stores ,the farmers use them to make the eggshells harder and for algae I just use peroxide .I turn off my filter spray the algae leave it sit for at least an hour and looks like nothing is happening but when you turn the filter back on the algae starts to turn white and I sometimes use quilt batting to pick it up when it goes in my filter ,but since you have a better filter I guess you can just flush it out .For healthy fish I use some solar salt in my pond to help the fish .Great tips on here to help save money and keep your pond healthy too

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oops thought mine were pellets but hey they are the sticks for the Tetra Spring/Fall diet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
most tetra are sticks and so much better to watch them float around and the fish swimming and fighting over them and sucking on each other trying to pig them up LOL

Reaction score
I'll price the Sticks this afternoon at Pet Smart here at the mall and compare the price to the on line sites and go from there. Then I'll just feed them the sticks for rest of season and again in the spring after opening - I guess..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I start my fish in spring to help there immunity and to help them feed better with food with garlic in it or you can also buy food with a garlic supplement in it .Seems to help them eat and stay healthy .I'm not sure if it is the same with gold fish .I have koi and goldfish and shubbies so they all get the same food

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got 6.6 lbs and right now pet mountain has it for 33 dollars and it goes down in price more around xmas time if you look at that sight they do have koi vibrance for 25 lbs for 47.39 and thats a fantasic price jw

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my fish love the koi vibrance and that is one great price for 25 pounds and they like the one in the green bag but the koi vibrance gives the fish more color and more vitamins .

Reaction score
Tetra Pond Floating Pond Sticks are our most popular pond food! An ideal maintenance diet that provides nutrition for energy, longevity, and overall health. Feed in spring, summer, and fall, when water temperatures are above 50 degrees Farenheit.

That is the description of the Tetra pond sticks on Amazon.com. They said all season and I thought you only gave them this in Spring and Fall when water is between 40 and 50 Deg??

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can give them all summer but i don't because it is mostly wheat germ which is a filler and I would not feed them that all year round .They need the vitamins and minerals to grow healthy and happy and to fight of deseases

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Aha that stuff on Amazon is not the Spring/Fall diet. It must be for use only when temps are above 55*. It is the green labeled one and the blue bags are the Spring/Fall ones. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Wonder if you can get the Blue bags for that price?

Ask a Question