sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess if they were teeny tiny it maybe OK for a short time with a really good filter .Koi produce a lot of waste .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
so 11 koi _ 10" to" 20" )per 3000gls is ok?
1 inch of fish per 10 g is good , u and ur fishes both will be relaxed ... if u want more , you will need more filteration , water changes etc it will depend how much you are willing to do , you can increase too , just be vigillant , risk wil increase as water will fluctuate more and disseases can attack more in crowded ponds but its upon owner how much hes willing to spend and give time then its possible to stock more with strong filteration and water current good aeration, no problem .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nope not a misprint, it's In the profile info too.

Koi recommended pond size is 1000 gallons per 4 koi.

Anything smaller will produce all kinda problems with the koi. In my 1000 gallon pond I only have 1 koi cause it's too small for more imo.
Here we go with those crazy AKCA rules i;e the first koi equals 1,000 gallons then a koi per 100 gallons after that it simply doesnt make any sense I've had upwards of 8 koi in my pond before now with no harm done to them at all .

Dave

Ask a Question