sissys pond

My pond summer and winter and plants in my filters
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Sissy, I'm so very sorry you lost King. I understand how hard it is, we lost our 7 year old berner on Sunday and I can't stop crying :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@j.w I still choke up when I think of our dogs that we have lost that we had for so many years - they become part of your family and your heart. Our dogs love us even when we aren't very lovable... they only see the best in us. What a special gift a good dog can be!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Lisak1 I could never replace him. We never got another dog. Now we want to travel some so we decided not to get one. Maybe someday when we are old and gray and not thinking of being on the move we could get an old and gray dog to rescue from a shelter.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I cried for months when I lost my beloved Sadie.. Was so hard and anytime someone mentioned her I broke out in tears. That was so hard to lose her, and she was the most difficult doggy I ever had, cause was part wild wolf and if she wanted out of yard, no fence ever stopped her! But I loved her so very hard, she was so smart, and she gave me Poppy and Bear, who are also getting very old now. But now I have "Baby Rio" and she helps heal that deep hole I had in my broken heart!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Lisak1 I could never replace him. We never got another dog. Now we want to travel some so we decided not to get one. Maybe someday when we are old and gray and not thinking of being on the move we could get an old and gray dog to rescue from a shelter.

I understand completely. Dogs somehow keep wandering into my life, my house, my heart - and with everyone I eventually see the heartbreak coming.

But a senior rescue is a great idea! Those poor old doggies need someone to love them on their way out of this life...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
So sorry to hear that Sissy. So painful to loose a pet. I understand, I too lost my little rescue pup very early this spring. He was hit by a car. It was heartbreaking for me.

Sorry Tula to hear about your pup as well. :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thank you all it has been a hard time for me right now with hubby and my sister now being sick and at least I have a people that understand losing a pet is a hard thing to go through .One was in Danville hospital and the other one in Duke and then her yard and dogs and my yard and chi.s,it is not an easy time right now .King Arthur was doing better and then we were on the front porch watering plants and as usual the king was out there watching over his property and suddenly he had a seizure and past away with all of us there .It is really hard on the chihuahuas because he was always there and now they can't find him .He is buried now with my beloved Hunter and Harley and playing in heaven with all the other doggies .We finally got rain last night and it was a pretty bad storm but not as bad as what other people are getting .A month of no rain but rain all around us and grass was brown .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sissy, I'm so very sorry you lost King. I understand how hard it is, we lost our 7 year old berner on Sunday and I can't stop crying :(
Be strong and know you gave him the best life ever .I have always said my rescues rescued me and there love is something that got me through a lot of hard times .:(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So sorry to hear that Sissy. So painful to loose a pet. I understand, I too lost my little rescue pup very early this spring. He was hit by a car. It was heartbreaking for me.

Sorry Tula to hear about your pup as well. :(
We love them for the time we have them and we are the lucky ones .:(Sorry about your puppy .All of my dogs are rescues .I only knew the king was 5 to 7 years old when I rescued him .

Ask a Question