Site Improvements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I hope you are all doing well!

After a busy few months, I've got some more time on my hands and this means I can concentrate on Garden Pond Forums a little more :).

This thread is create to make a list of changes, bug fixes and improvements - as well as your suggestions! :D So please do reply to this and let me know what you think would improve this site, or comment on existing ideas.

Ideas so far (completed items marked as "done"):
  • Adding a post "thanks" button to reward useful advice. - Done
  • Automatic resize of large images. - Done
  • Consider moving the experience and current pond lines (as seen in sig) to appear as mouseover boxes - meaning that we can add a little more information in a standardised format, without taking up space. This would also encourage users to fill in this information.
  • Gallery software upgrade. - Done
  • Site rules / guidelines update.
  • FAQ for common topics.
  • Trader Ratings / Feedback System.
  • Possible extra forum sections for garden pond types (small/large).
  • Larger category fonts - Done
  • Sig limited for users with under 25 posts. - Done
Please let me know if you've got any other suggestions :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies folks :confused:.

I didn't know it wasn't possible to edit your own posts - it's now on the list. I'll have a look in to this tomorrow when I start working on implementing these.

Reaction score
In some sites I've been a part of, they give users at least an hour to edit posts after they've been posted. Other sites give complete full access to change whenever.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, I've just had a look and the setting for editing posts is set to 10 mins - which should allow for corrections just after posting :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Automatic large image resizing is now active :)

Reaction score
Ian said:
Yep, I've just had a look and the setting for editing posts is set to 10 mins - which should allow for corrections just after posting :).

Unlimited would be great! If that is an option. It would be easier for anyone doing a step by step "how to" DIY. I forgot some info I should have added.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'll see if I can enable unlimited editing in the DIY and article section :).

Also, it's probably about time we got the article section linked on the main menu up and running. So we'll get another thread going soon where we can pick out some of the best threads and move them to the articles section as properly formatted articles with pics :D.

Ask a Question