Small Pond Pics at night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Here are some pics i took last night of my pond, sorry for the blur.

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCN0013.JPG
    DSCN0013.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN0022.JPG
    DSCN0022.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 395
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Cool pictures Jason. I have lights that point down into the water but I like the way yours really light up the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks CometKeith! I had the $70 Rock Lights from Total Pond i got at Lowes, and they only lasted 2 months before getting water in them and I could just pop the cover off (real waterproof, huh?)! So I bought these Submersible LED strips for $5 on ebay and Cut out Acrylic Disc with my Laser Engraver and wrapped the strips around it, I cut a hole out of the center and used 4'' rods attached to a 2 hole marble base used for building trophies. One hole for the rod with the light disc and the other hole to pull the wire through and under the base to the side of the pond, Then Ran an Extension Chord that has 3 - 3 outlet sections every 3'.6'' under the Granite Slabs that line the outside of the pond that are Angled as one side of them sit on regular bricks that line and hold down excess pond liner so rain/weather is not an issue with the chord's and plugs. I was going for a 360 degree light vs one direction lighting lol it turned out nice and are very cheap for me to make! :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That sounds really smart. I bet people would buy these sort of lights if they were commercially available.

Ask a Question