Smallest Pond Here? PICS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ok, So I think I have the smallest pond here, at around 250 Gallons with 8 Goldfish, here are some pic's finally! The Lights are the Disc Lights I custom made, let me know if you like, BTW these pics were taken at night :lamp5: and my camera is kinds blurry as i turned off flash :/

Attachments

• DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCN0013.JPG
    DSCN0013.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCN0022.JPG
    DSCN0022.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 408

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey nice pond and I like the last picture the best as it shows your nice falls and I like the lights and your fish too. Lucky you getting to have those pretty trailing plants flowing down the sides all year long :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks J.W.! Yeah it was about 34 degrees (about as cold as it gets here) last night when i took these, it's funny because people say that your fish will sit idle in water under 50 degrees but mine being as shallow mind pond is (10-12'') they are always on the move lol. :goldfish:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It may be small but has a big attitude and shows off very nicely

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
glad you showed us what you have done with it and how good it looks ,thumbs up

Reaction score
The pics are hard for me to make out ... it isnt so much your pics as my vision ... aka I have trouble driving at night when it rains, the glare makes it hard for me to see... I am having the same issue with the dark pics... what I can make out looks nicely done. I would love to see some shots taken in the daylight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The pics are hard for me to make out ... it isnt so much your pics as my vision ... aka I have trouble driving at night when it rains, the glare makes it hard for me to see... I am having the same issue with the dark pics... what I can make out looks nicely done. I would love to see some shots taken in the daylight.
Yeah, They are blurry to and I have 20/10 lol, I will take some more pics this weekend during the Day, Thanks yall!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
My first pond was also very small, created from a pair of pre-formed liners that were given to me by a co-worker. You make do with what you have, and I learned a LOT over the years with that pond. With that small of size, the pond can quickly overflow or drain dry, so you really have to keep an eye on things. Pump lines are smaller and freeze easier, but in your area that certainly won't be a problem.

Here's what my first pond looked like shortly after I set it up. The upper pond is 160 gallons and the lower is 75 gallons. One of the biggest problems I had over the next few years was that the 'ears' on the lower pond wanted to compact into the soil, and ended up at least an inch lower than the rest of the liner. I also had similar problems with the upper liner, but because of the built-in waterfall, I had no way to regulate the water level in that part, and it became a source of much lost water.
img_2229.jpg

One thing I strongly advocate is LOTS of plants around a pond. Not only do they make it look more natural, but they also help clean the water and can provide another source of food for the fish. Of course, when you have a small pond, things can get overgrown before you know it! :)
img_0640.jpg

Your pond looks great so far. Can't wait to see the daytime photos!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think we all are guilty at one time going small or thinking of going small .I have six of those preformed ponds .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
We all start somewhere. Just have to use the space and materials available at the time, then convince your S.O. that we don't really need that half of the yard full of grass...

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok, So I think I have the smallest pond here, at around 250 Gallons with 8 Goldfish, here are some pic's finally! The Lights are the Disc Lights I custom made, let me know if you like, BTW these pics were taken at night :lamp5: and my camera is kinds blurry as i turned off flash :/

Jason I am getting ready to build a small one in front of my front porch this spring, and it will be a bit smaller than yours. Looks good.

Ask a Question