Small pump repair

Reaction score
I have a couple of small pumps (about 300 gallons per hour) of the brand Garden Treasures. I believe I purchased at Lowes. Over a year or so the pump impeller tabs become worn. These connect the impeller to the rotor. Is there a site to purchase new impellers? I tried using silicone type III; filling the ID of the impeller where the rotor fits. After letting cure completely and then testing, the silicone failed. Or should I get some good epoxy glue?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Bruce4131 said:
I have a couple of small pumps (about 300 gallons per hour) of the brand Garden Treasures. I believe I purchased at Lowes. Over a year or so the pump impeller tabs become worn. These connect the impeller to the rotor. Is there a site to purchase new impellers? I tried using silicone type III; filling the ID of the impeller where the rotor fits. After letting cure completely and then testing, the silicone failed. Or should I get some good epoxy glue?

GEo Global is the company that makes the pumps. (908)412-6000- give them a call but I'm almost sure impellers are not replacable. I've had the impeller covers break off on three of their pumps. They have replaced all pumps with proof of purchase.

Reaction score
Utility pump is a general term that refers to a wide range of pumps used for a variety of purposes. At Ace you will find a diverse selection of pumps designed for a full range of household jobs, with so many options to choose from, you are sure to find the ideal pump to fit your specific needs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would NOT use any 50/50 epoxy as it will turn to Gel if it's completely submerged! I tried using some on lights to hold them to a stand and after a week they fell off and the epoxy was slimy and soft. I would use standard J/B Weld, I used it to patch a hole in a preformed liner at the bottom 6 months ago and that stuff holds up like a champ and is water proof i guess as it's still hard as a rock! :helm2:

Ask a Question