Sodium Percarbonate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read on here that sodium percarbonate will kill algae on rocks. I'm considering ordering some, however, I have a lot of vertical areas on rocks that need the treatment, so I wouldn't be able to sprinkle directly on the rocks.

I assume I can mix the percarbonate with water and spray the rocks, but can't find any info on the correct powder to water ratio, or whether or not the water needs to be hot?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've read on here that sodium percarbonate will kill algae on rocks. I'm considering ordering some, however, I have a lot of vertical areas on rocks that need the treatment, so I wouldn't be able to sprinkle directly on the rocks.

I assume I can mix the percarbonate with water and spray the rocks, but can't find any info on the correct powder to water ratio, or whether or not the water needs to be hot?
Found this over at the koiphen forum: https://www.koiphen.com/forums/showthread.php?109717-Sodium-percarbonate-uses-in-fish-ponds
Might be of much help to you :)

Ask a Question