Some quick pics...

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
The local Safeway grocery store was selling these so I thought, what the hey... try them in the bog, see it they'll last a season...

image by slakker, on Flickr

I also got the camo rock cover for the skimmer... looks way better, they should just sell it with the fake rock look.

image by slakker, on Flickr

I really should move the parrot feathers... they're stopping the skimmer from doing it's thing... :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks great! Those fly traps are looking happy and healthy, have they gone in recently? I like the Japanese Maple, it adds a beautiful splash of colour.

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
The fly trap has been in about a week now, it's been crazy hot here in the last few weeks and I put a cloche on it at night.

My wife insisted on the maple, it adds colour and also she's hoping it'll grow bigger and "weep" over the skimmer more... she hates the look of the skimmer, but I told her it's a necessary evil...

Reaction score
slakker said:
Thanks... The fly trap is still going strong, see mosquito and other carcasses in the traps!
Oh, I noticed that. It added value to your pond. It's really good to see it with the rocks and other plants.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pitcher plants are always full, when I cut them off in the spring they stink big time. Love all the gnats and bugs they inhale

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Thanks... The lily finally bloomed!

993960_10151511145756408_613136868_n.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
bettasngoldfish said:
What is a pitcher plant?

Love that yellow lily....one thing I might get down the road is a bright yellow lily. I have some that are pale yellow.

Carnivorous plants, they grow a pitcher they bugs crawl down and can't get out. Here is a picture of some I have.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are perennial, this is their third summer.
Most of them are Sarracenia, different varieties. The only ones I lost got too dry, real hot and I sort of forgot to water them, they where in a spot that did not stay damp.

Ask a Question