Some Survivors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Still out of town, but almost home. Hubby tells me he saw a baby fish in the pond today - gasp! I know I had a big spawning, but figured the koi ate all the eggs....guess there is a survivor....about one inch long.

Drats, I've longed for a platinum koi and would need to rehome one of my five to have one. guess I'll leave this little one in the pad till next year, to see how it develops....then think about what I'll do.
Hi, Very exciting. I remember the first time we had a young one. It must have been the year before all these little ones. The only survivor and we never saw it till the following spring at a cleanout. I'm not sure if its considered a Platinum or not.

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 282
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 266
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
What a beautiful fish!!

Well......double drats....I've now discovered at least a dozen baby koi. I don't know what I'll do, as they are too hard to catch. I guess I'll have to lower the pond water substantially in the Spring and try to catch them then.

They are still pretty tiny and very fast, so hard to see what i have, as they dart around...they are cute though!

Ask a Question