Sometimes I have to wonder about my existence.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Having one of those kinda days.

I have to run the only filter I have. A DE6000.
Thinking I have blow by I completely disassemble the filter section. Couldn't find any place for diatom blow-by. Clean it all up put it back in the system, charge the filter and look behind me and my pond is white. W.T.F...
So I'm thinking with the lower volume of water it can't charges the upper portion of the filter elements... add a little more diatom.. nope. Right in the pond.

Frustrated, exhausted, tired.
As I was walking away I noticed the by pass value open.

The things I do just to smack myself in the head. It's not like I don't have enough to do, just keep adding to the list.

Thank for letting me vent.
Laugh if you must, I will at some point.
20230602_112109.jpg

Attachments

• 20230602_111941.jpg
    20230602_111941.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 7

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
More than once I have gone through something.......and made a horrible mess

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well i cant say i know the feeling every project, renovation and task has gone exactly as planned

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't even know what any of that means, but I feel your pain! I've had many of those moments. A family favorite is when I was working on the pond one beautiful fall day and decided I should take my Apple Watch off to keep it from getting scratched. Put it in the pocket of my hoodie and carried on. All I had to do was put it on the table, but did I? Nope. My work eventually led to me taking the cover off the pump vault to check on some connections and as I stood back up I heard a distant "splash". Did I kick a rock into the vault? Did a frog jump down there? Nope - my watch fell out of my pocket and KERPLUNK hit that opening perfectly. And there it was - six feet down and under four feet of water. My neighbors heard a whole new litany of swears that day.

The story ends well - took me three days but I did get it out (magnet on a long pole if you're wondering) AND it still worked. Maybe someday I'll share the story of the OTHER things I've accidentally dropped down that hole!

Thanks for sharing @Beercan31 - always nice to know we're not alone in our humanness! (Other than @GBBUDD of course!)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And there it was - six feet down and under four feet of water.
My watch, phone, are both water proof...................thankfully! OW they would have died long ago. Poor phone has been dropped a few times, but with the screen cover I have on it , it has survived me.

I did run over my phone with the tractor once, (a older phone) the ground was wet, it luckily pushed down rather than die. No harm except muddy track across it. Had to walk the yard calling it with hubbies phone until found.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Me thinks the i phone and watch are way over rated, I unfortunately just got off jury duty where a guy was killed for that little.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Love love love my iPhone and Apple Watch - both serve so many useful purposes. Way more than time and phone calls for sure. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to remember the last time I actually TALKED on my phone.

I became an Apple convert back In the days when my kids were getting old enough that my husband was convinced they "needed" a computer - I wasn't so convinced but said OK... let's see what this is about. Long story short, bought and returned three PCs and said "if this is what having a home computer is all about, I'm not interested". If I couldn't figure out how to use it, how was I going to teach my kids? Every PC we looked at touted the ENCYCLOPEDIA! Whooo hoo! We can look things up in books. "But it will READ to your kids!" I already DO that. All the while we couldn't get a program to install or run consistently two days in a row.

In the meantime my brother had been suggesting "try an Apple - you might like it". And so as a last ditch effort into the world of computing - we did. Spent a whole lot more money, but we were committed to the effort now. And we've never looked back. I'm not interested in knowing WHY or HOW the machine works - I just want to USE it. And that was the difference - for me - between an Apple computer and any PC running DOS/Windows back in the day. Is it different now? Heck yeah - because the PC world adopted all the things that were best about the Apple GUI and made it a much better user experience. And because I could use that first computer we put our kids on, they all became proficient and far exceeded anything I could figure out without being frustrated by the experience.

Wow - we carried this way past the @Beercan31 and his goofy mistake! Back to your regularly scheduled program!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Lol "Hi-jacked" again.
In this household we have both. The YL has iPhone for her bicycle to nowhere, treadmill and hydro rower. Our cellphones and computers are android, I have a ipad for viewing YouTube. Personally I don't care as long as they work. As far as text messaging I'd rather talk on the phone it is WAY to easy misunderstand what is written than what is said.
16858864973264108829386293018244.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love love love my iPhone and Apple Watch - both serve so many useful purposes. Way more than time and phone calls for sure. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to remember the last time I actually TALKED on my phone.

I became an Apple convert back In the days when my kids were getting old enough that my husband was convinced they "needed" a computer - I wasn't so convinced but said OK... let's see what this is about. Long story short, bought and returned three PCs and said "if this is what having a home computer is all about, I'm not interested". If I couldn't figure out how to use it, how was I going to teach my kids? Every PC we looked at touted the ENCYCLOPEDIA! Whooo hoo! We can look things up in books. "But it will READ to your kids!" I already DO that. All the while we couldn't get a program to install or run consistently two days in a row.

In the meantime my brother had been suggesting "try an Apple - you might like it". And so as a last ditch effort into the world of computing - we did. Spent a whole lot more money, but we were committed to the effort now. And we've never looked back. I'm not interested in knowing WHY or HOW the machine works - I just want to USE it. And that was the difference - for me - between an Apple computer and any PC running DOS/Windows back in the day. Is it different now? Heck yeah - because the PC world adopted all the things that were best about the Apple GUI and made it a much better user experience. And because I could use that first computer we put our kids on, they all became proficient and far exceeded anything I could figure out without being frustrated by the experience.

Wow - we carried this way past the @Beercan31 and his goofy mistake! Back to your regularly scheduled program!
We white girl ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol "Hi-jacked" again.
In this household we have both. The YL has iPhone for her bicycle to nowhere, treadmill and hydro rower. Our cellphones and computers are android, I have a ipad for viewing YouTube. Personally I don't care as long as they work. As far as text messaging I'd rather talk on the phone it is WAY to easy misunderstand what is written than what is said.View attachment 157886
Amen

Ask a Question