j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've heard there are ways to make fake hollow rocks, maybe look online or perhaps someone here knows how to make a waterproof one for outdoors?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Making fake rocks is easy . .. the question is what material do you use.. the most common is mortar mixtures and chicken wire. theres many you tubes of folks doing just so. basically make the shape you want with the chicken wire and then start putting in the peanut butter consistency mix getting concrete dies and mixing then in the concrete or stains are the best to look natural paint fades and peals'

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I built a little wooden "house" for mine out of scrap wood.
I left a gap between the roof overhang and the walls on two sides. The gap allows air, the power cord and the air line to pass through while protected by the roof overhang.
Add some insulation for soundproofing if you like.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine sits in my basement in the far secluded corner all by it's self can't hear i think a roll of p tex and the air just follows the pipe without loss.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
can I just say how hilariously awesome this is. OP comes back from a thread from 2011 to tell us they finished the pump house, love it!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
can I just say how hilariously awesome this is. OP comes back from a thread from 2011 to tell us they finished the pump house, love it!
That 2009 date is when they joined not the last time they visited :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
QUITE often newbies surf the posts don't realize the whole process and they find a thread that fits them so they respond, so whether they respond to an existing or start a new one on there own .... which they may not know how to do it's all good , If they ask the poster them selves well they maybe waiting a while

Ask a Question