Starting a pond, could use some guidance.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I was just reminded of something I read that someone used cinnamon to deter snakes - not sure where or who or how... very helpful I know! @addy1 - have you heard this suggestion? I would guess like most of these solutions, you'd have to reapply frequently for it to make an impact.
Very interesting so I went and looked on the net and found this: https://outdooralive.com/does-cinnamon-repel-snakes/

Hey it won't hurt to try but @addy1 has a very large pond and she would have to cover a lot of areas. If she could figure out where they like to enter that might help but then I would think they would just change there spots to enter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have given it your all with the wild life. after 20 snakes I do believe the pump bb gun would be coming out.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do believe the pump bb gun would be coming out.
They slither away fast and right into the water, none except the first few snakes lay around letting me take pictures of them. They hear me coming no matter how quiet I am. Need to walk down a slope or up a slope over rocks, plants etc, no quiet sneak attack.

So traps will be it.

And it would be my luck to put holes into my liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I was planning on running a pump from the drain on the pond over the top and to the bottom of the bog. That way I could still use the drain at the bottom of the bog to clean out excess severe that collects at the bottom.
If you decide to use the existing side bottom drain on the stock tank as a clean-out, and wondering what the fitting size is, it is 1 1/4” pipe thread.

I stepped mine down to 3/4” it doesnt clog, but its very slow. I wish i had left it at 1 1/4” or higher.

BB8211C3-92A5-4A85-A0A5-3FCD3EA2DE24.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get a plumbers test plug put it in from with the pond then you can take off the hose bib and enlarge to a ball valve

Ask a Question