stocking fish

lee

Reaction score
hi all am just wondering if any 1 knows how to work out how many fish a can have in my 7ftX4ft 2ft deep pond or explane to me how to work it out !

Reaction score
It depends on a few things. The biggest is what kind? If all you were doing is goldfish you could get away with a lot more than if they were koi. Your filtration is also a big factor as well. You also have to remember that they will grow. I'm sure you are going to get lots of replies with formulas of a fish to so many gallons of water. I would start with a conservative amount and let them get established and keep testing your water as you add more.

rdk

Reaction score
I have about the same size pond 4 x 7 1.5 feet deep. I have 6 goldfish one large the other smaller in size and they are doing very well. I had to junk my small box filter that did not work at all and put in a large 30 gal diy filter with a powerful 500 gph pump to get this way. Also I water change every 7 days which is the real reason my pond is working. RDK

lee

Reaction score
o ok then am not sure what fish am geting yet as i have not been to see them i have been told thay about 4'' and bigger and i have a Green Genie 3000 uv fillter and a Hozelock Cascade 1500 pump i have not done a test on my pond yet and my goldfish have all been fine so do u fink a be best off doing a test bfore a get my new fish ?

Ask a Question