Strange sight in my backyard....

Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Since I've joined this site everyone is waiting on the pond to thaw out. I am looking forward to seeing summer pictures of everyone's pond.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Oh, so that's what that thing is? I'll have to go out there and check it out. I wonder if there are fish in it?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
water you have water! not that solid stuff! YEAH!

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Yup, there's a hole in the snow. 51F today, the hole in the ice is about 8 sq. ft, bubbler bubbling away. Haven't seen any fish as yet, but then again it not like they could have gone anywhere.

One of my clients called today, 3 floaters. Expressed my condolences, but sorry, no warranty on fish.

I'm most likely going to have a couple floaters myself.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yay for you MW................a hole in the snow. I had another little fish dead today. Such a tiny little sucker :(
Doing a partial water change like I do once in awhile.

Reaction score
im thinking about putting my turbo heater on mine to thaw it out im tired of waiting longest winter ever hope my fishies made it it was a damn cold one this yr here in cleveland

Reaction score
well finally got the cover off the pond after the brutal winter and it wasnt a pretty site all three of my kois were dead and one large goldfish

they were my 4 biggest fish i have about 8 other 10cent feeder goldfish in there and they all survived somehow dont really understand why the big ones died and the little ones didnt never the less ill prolly just stick to the goldfish from now on i dont see any reason to get kois again if they cant survive the harsh winters

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Probably because the koi need more o2 being bigger, would be my guess. The gf tend to be darn hardy. I found a tiny 1/2 fry in my deck pond, which I am sure most likely froze almost solid with the winter we had.

Reaction score
yeah it was real cold here in cleveland ohio for a very long stretch of time this was the 3rd winter for my fishies and i hadnt lost any the first two winters but they were no were near as brutal as this year

Ask a Question