submersible pump impeller noisy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
hi, i hear little rattling sound from pump which is not continuous (like frog trrr .... trrr ) since last week , i took it out cleaned it and it increased lol i think the algae was working as grease , i did notice my steel rod shaft is having some scratches i dono if its normal after year.

my question is , is there any remedy to make it stable i think its wobbling thats making noise , can i apply vaseline or silicon , thread etc to make it more stable and avoid friction for the time being ?

has any one replaced the shaft is it easily available in all sizes? i cant contact the exact manufacturer but can search in market for replacement

Reaction score
Yep as stated above. The only thing I would add would be to let it go until it dies, Unless its a very expensive pump it isn't worth trying to fix it. The shaft could be worn, the seals could be worn and the bearings could be worn.

Ask a Question